Monday, January 10, 2011

My Last Day in Paris- Morning

This series of posts is especially for my parents. While both my folks and I left Paris on the 30th of December, due to the timing of our flights, I had a full day left in Paris without them. So here's a post chronicling what I did with that day!

MORNING
The first thing I did upon leaving the apartment was drag my luggage down and up several flights of stairs on the metro with the sole purpose of dropping my luggage off at the Gare du Lyon. I'm pleased to say that this particular scheme went off without a hitch, and with my luggage safely stored, I set off sans baggage for a full day of adventure. I got my first Pain au Chocolat of the morning, and then set off. First stop? The L'Orangerie (again).



It was actually extremely sunny that morning (though still a bit cold). I took a little self portrait for you on my way to the L'Orangerie.


I also spent about 15 minutes trying to get the perfect "I'm squishing the Eiffel Tower" picture. This was the best of the bunch:


I then went for one last look at Monet's waterlilies in the L'Orangerie. The line to get in was surprisingly short- probably because it was only 10:30AM at this point. I took another self-portrait here, though I tried to do it inconspicuously, thus the, er, strange expression on my face.


Mom really loved these exit signs, with the little man sprinting towards the door, so I took a picture:


I then headed over the the Canal St. Martin. It was a lovely little walk, along the canal, and I even saw a Swan! I took a picture of the locks on the canal, which were featured in Amelié, and later greenified it, like they were in the film. It felt a bit cheesy to be one of the "Amelie pilgrims" taking pictures of everything in Paris related to the movie (the cafe where she worked, the Abbesses metro stop, the canal, etc), but I have seen that movie so many times (probably more than 30 times at this point) that it didn't make sense to stifle myself.


Next post- Afternoon in the Musée Cluny.

No comments:

Post a Comment