Monday, November 22, 2010

Nothing like a 9-hour day at school

It was pitch black when I arrived at school this morning, and pitch black when I left. It's amazing just how late 6pm has started to feel- the campus is normally deserted by 4pm, so when I leave in the late afternoon it feels like walking back home from Odegaard at midnight. Thank goodness for the snow- it brightens everything up, even in the dark. It looks like the snow will be sticking around at least until the weekend- I'm glad as I haven't gotten to go play in it yet. A Finnish girl in my geology class told me that last year people didn't have to go to lapland to go skiing, as it was snowy enough to do it near Turku! I'm hoping some Finns with an extra pair of skis adopt me while I'm over here, since I would love to learn.

From one snowy place to another,
xoxo Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment